Tuesday, May 22, 2007

New Book: Lolita


Thanks to a certain reader (okay, this site's only reader for the moment), the next book on the list is Lolita, by Vladimir Nabokov.

I'm expecting it to be a thick, academic read, nothing like the breezy, quick-to-cinema novels like The Beach or Fight Club.

So, to help myself out, I'll be reading the annotated Lolita. That'll either provide much needed clarification, or extra stuff that'll fly over my head and feel like homework.

Also, what would a new tradition be without an early exception. I'm heading out of town for a wedding, so I'll be skipping the first Saturday coffee.

But think of it this way...

Extra time to read Nabokov everybody!

2 comments:

Ashley Straight said...

Hello,
I am interested in joining the book club..so Im off to get the book and try to read it lol

me said...

Yes!
Our first commenter. Yahoo!